Monday, June 06, 2005

Review: Life of Pi

No other book has antagonized me as my latest read, the book by Yann Martell, Life of Pi. While I was reading it, it was hard to put the book down. When I was listening to it’s CDs in my car, I would sit in for a few extra minutes just to know, what is about to happen next. But from the day one, I didn’t like the book and I could tell, I do not like what I am reading/listening but I kept on listening to it and reading it.

Now yesterday, when I finally finished the book, I felt like screaming on and kicking and slapping the author. I feel cheated. I feel like this author cheated me big time. The end is ridiculous. The only thing, I like about it is that I was not able to put down this book. But I know, I read this book in camouflage.

Now, it comes to recommending the book. I would say, NO. Do not read it. Its been more than 24 hours since I finished the book but I still am having heartache because of it. I am angry. Honestly, I don’t recall if I have been ever angry after reading a fiction book, but this time I am.

No comments: