Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Proud Canadian Moment.

“Days like yesterday make me a very proud Canadian” This a journalist friend of mine told me while he called me at work today from "k"anada.
Being that I am a very strong believer in equal rights, I am a huge advocate of the same-sex marriage bill anywhere across the globe and the one, that has been hotly debated there in Canadian parliament for close to two years. Yesterday, the House of Commons in Canada voted to pass the bill allowing same-sex couples to legally wed all across Canada, not just in certain provinces, as it currently stands. The bill still has to be passed and signed by the senators, but it looks as though, by the end of July, Canada will officially be the third country in the world to legalize gay marriage!
Fucking, eh.....

No comments: