Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cricket World Cup!

Cricket is a game I never lost my interest in, even after living in a country where majority of people don’t even know if it is a sport, in their dictionary cricket is only an insect not the game. It is really interesting to see my never fading love for this game; this love even surprises me at times. I should know it comes natural by being an Indian or something, but come on! Time after time I have been stumped by people from Cricket playing nations when I cheerfully ask them something about the game and would be disappointed by their complete lack of interest in it. When I asked my English and Australian friends last week about what are their plans for the world cup, they looked at me in a very strange way, and showed no interest whatsoever in watching even the Finals. Mind you, one of them brought me a cricket bat and other a cricket ball from their respective countries when they visited their homelands last year (only cuz they luv me not the game). Their interest for the game can be judged by this statement of my Aussie friend who said, he will give me a party if India wins the world cup.
But, I am still very excited and will be following the performance of Indian team very closely along with the two other teams who I don’t even want to see winning a single game ha ha .. yup Australia and the Sinstan!

2 comments:

Manan said...

hei, sukrit Manan here...
very nicely written blog....
what i like most in ur Cricket one is d word 'sinstan........
heheh....

Sukrit said...

Hey buddy, how u doing? U must be excited about being so near to be done with school .. And thanks for the the compliment about blog, I am glad you like it :-) .. Any suggestions?