Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Mantras!

Someone wanted me to explain the meaning of "Maha Mrityunjay Mantra" as I have had this mantra in one of my postings earlier. So I went online and found the explanation of it and I am posting it over here as it is. While I am doing that, I also wanted to put down the “Gayatri Mantra” and meaning of it as well. There is one other mantra which my mum gave to me when I was little and till date that is my favorite mantra and I recite it more often than any other mantras.

1. Maha Mrityunjay Mantra
Om Tryamlakam YajamaheSugandhim Pusti - vardhanam
Urva - rukamiva BandhananMrtyor - muksheeya Ma - amritat

The Maha Mrityunjay is a mantra that is said to rejuvenate, bestow health, wealth, a long life, peace, prosperity and contentment. The Mantra is a centuries old technique of connecting one to pure consciousness and bliss.The prayer is addressed to LORD SHIVA. By chanting this Mantra, Divine vibrations are generated which ward off all the negative and evil forces and create a powerful protective shield. And it is said to protect the one who chants against accidents and misfortunes of every kind. It is a vibration that pulsates through every cell, every molecule of our body and tears away the veil of ignorance. It ignites a fire within us that consumes all our negativity and purifies our entire system. It is also said to have a powerful healing of diseases declared incurable even by the doctors. It is a Mantra to conquer death and connects us to our own inner divinity.Known as the Moksha Mantra of Lord Shiva, Maha Mrityunjay evokes the Shiva within and removes the fear of death, liberating one from the cycle of death and rebirth.

2. Gayatri Mantra
Aum Bhur Bhuvah Swah Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayat

ॐ भूर्भुवः स्वः, तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं
भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात्।


Rishis (Sages) selected the words of various Mantras and arranged them so that they not only convey meaning but also create specific power through their utterance. Gayatri Mantra inspires wisdom. Its meaning is that "May the Almighty God illuminate our intellect to lead us along the righteous path". All the problems of a person are solved if he/she is endowed with the gift of righteous wisdom. Once endowed with far-sighted wisdom, a man is neither entangled in calamity nor does he tread the wrong path. A wise man finds solution to all outstanding problems. Only those persons who do not think correctly find difficulty and take wrong steps due to foolishness. Chanting of Gayatri Mantra removes this deficiency. The teachings and powers incorporated in the Gayatri Mantra fulfil this purpose.

3. Lord Rama’s Healing Mantra!
Apadamapa Hataram Dataram Sarva Sampadam
Loka Bhi Ramam Sri Rama Bhuyo Bhuyo Namamyaham

Meaning: Oh most compassionate Rama please send your healing energy right here to the earth, to the earth.
(There is a better explanation of this mantra, but right now this is what I have to offer. I will add the explanation once I find it somewhere.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

part of Shloka- Apada maapa Hataram
Meaning- You take away all my difficulties and sorrows.


part of Shloka- Dataram Sarva Sampadam
Meaning- You are the giver of all luxuries in life

part of Shloka- Loka Bhi Ramam Sri Rama
Meaning- You are the Lord of lords in this Universe..Shri Ram

part of Shloka- Bhuyo Bhuyo Namamyaham
Meaning- and thats why I bow to you many times.

I think I explained you this..years back!

Sukrit said...

Yes you did, and thanks again for explaining it perfectly all over again.

Anonymous said...

IT IS TRYAMBAKAM