Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Oscar picks!

This year again the Oscar night will be at Suzanne’s, where I will be joining her gang by ditching my regular Sunday dinner gang. I know its pathetic, but I need to touch bases with Suzanne and company, besides what other night would be a better one to enjoy the company of 3 Kelly’s, yah and one Kelly is a guy. There we are going to play this game of who gets their pick right and win a small prize for every single category. Have to love Suzanne for that, last time she humbly gave away all the gifts she received for her house warming party and of course the Xmas gifts. Mind you, she modestly confessed that all those gifts are the ones she didn’t need and were worthless to her, and actually were taking up space in her basement. At times the girls shamelessly made mockery of the original gift giver and their choice of picking such a ridiculous gift and giving it to Suzanne, but lets not get into that at this time!

So, here is my pick for the Oscars for tomorrow night (Academy awards 2007)

Best Actor:
Forest Whittaker "Last King of Scotland"
Will Smith "The Pursuit of Happyness"
Leonardo DiCaprio "Blood Diamond"
Peter O'Toole "Venus"
Ryan Gosling "Half Nelson"

Mypick : Ryan Goslin
Although, I believe Will Smith would get this award, but my vote is for Ryan Goslin as in my opinion, he deserves it (not saying why though *evil grin*).

Best Actress:
Helen Mirren "The Queen"
Judi Dench "Notes on a Scandal"
Meryl Streep "The Devil Wears Prada"
Penelope Cruz "Volver"
Kate Winslet "Little Children"

My Pick: Helen Mirren.
I am not doubting even the slightiest that Meryl Streeo doesn’t deseserve this award, she surely does. Besides she is one of my favorite actresses since I saw the movie “music of the heart” (A must see for everyone), while I didn’t even know about existance of Helen Mirren before I saw the movie Queen. The natural and beautiful acting of Helen, is making me pick her for this award.

Best Supporting Actor:
Eddie Murphy "Dreamgirls"
Dijmon Hounsou "Blood Diamond"
Alan Arkin "Little Miss Sunshine"
Mark Wahlberg "The Departed"
Jackie Earle Haley "Little Children"

My pick: Jackie Earle Haley
He is my pick cuz of his wonderful role as a child molester in the movie, which I think he did a great job with the character he was playing.

Best Supporting Actress:
Jennifer Hudson "Dreamgirls"
Cate Blanchett "Babel"
Adriana Barraza "Babel"
Rinko Kikuchi "Babel"
Abigail Breslin "Little Miss Sunshine"

My pick: Jennifer Hudson
She did a passionate job in this movie to won the award from me. Although, I loved the movie Babel, but three picks from that movie for this award is making me not even think about any of them.

Best Director:
Martin Scorsese "The Departed"
Stephen Frears "The Queen"
Alejandro Gonzalez "Babel"
Clint Eastwood "Letters From Iwo Jima"
Paul Greengrass "United 93"

My pick: Stephen Frears from Queen.
Considering the fact that I haven’t seen, “The departed and “Letters from Iwo Jima” I am picking this from the three of the movies I have seen from the list.

Best Picture:
"The Departed"
"The Queen"
"Babel"
"Little Miss Sunshine"
"Letters From Iwo Jima"

My Pick: Babel
I hated Little Miss Sunshine, I have no idea why this movie found a place in the entries in the first place. Queen was a beautiful movie, but Babel beats queen in my eyes to pick up Best picture award.

Ok, fellas Those were my Oscars pick for the major categories. And I do hope Water wins the oscar for best foreign film category. That is it for now, toddles!

No comments: